CANYON CREEK LITTLE LEAGUE:
Minutes for Board Meeting 09-02-08
CALL TO ORDER: 7:05
ATTENDANCE: Kevin Olimpia, Don Nathlich, Mark Gonsalves, Kelvin Friedel, George Kirkland, Mei-Mei Stark, Carl Steigerwald, Juan Jones, Robert Zorovic, Francesca Thacher and Hugh Arvesen
- Annual Election of the Executive Board:
President: Kevin Olimpia
V.P. League Operations: Dave Gotz
V.P. City Coordinator: George Kirkland
Treasurer: Don Natlich
Secretary: Mark Gonsalves
- The following positions were appointed:
Head Team Parent: Mei-Mei Stark
Information Officer: Hugh Arvesan
Umpire in Chief: Dall Barley
Player Agent: Francesca Thacher
Registrar: Kelvin Friedel
Safety Officer: Robert Zorovic
Publicity Director: Lorraine Kalich
Sponsorship Director: Nicole Jung
- Discussed registration for the 2009 season. We will only use online registration
Resgistration will open on 10-1.
- Tryouts: 12-6, 12-7, & 12-13. Tryouts Minors and Majors will be at Bollinger School.
- Draft: 12-14 at the Morgan Cabana.
- Opening day is tentatively scheduled for March 7, 2009.
- Hugh Arveson submitted a proposal to change websites. The following recommendations were adopted by the board:
Ø Creat a new league website using “League Athletics”.
Ø Stop using Sportability for registration.
Ø Stop using iPower as our league website, keep account for PhpSchedulelt.
Ø Stop using uReserve
Ø Use PhpSchedulelt for field reservations
Ø Continue to use league works to maintain league costumer data.
Ø Continue to use MySignUp for Friday Night Lights.
Ø Use Googe Apps for league collaborations.
Ø Solicit an independent graphic designer to redesign website graphics.
- Discussed interleague play. Kevin will meet with Tim Cabral (President), of newly formed San Ramon Little League (SRA &SRN combined), to discuss if they want to participate in interleague play. If not district would discuss alternatives like playing different leagues.
- Discussed playing a tournament or games at Manteca Field of dreams park. Carl will follow-up.
- Approved participating in a AA city championship tournament.
- Discussed city wide budget cuts. City will hold a meeting on Nov 12, to discuss what this entails. ALL INTERESTED PARTIED SHOULD ATTEND.
SUBMITTED: Mark Gonsalves, Secretary