CANYON CREEK LITTLE LEAGUE:
Minutes for Board Meeting 12-05-07
CALL TO ORDER: 7:33
ATTENDANCE: Kevin Olimpia, Dave Gotz, Don Nathlich, Rick Marks, Mark Gonsalves, Kelvin Friedel, George Kirkland, Barry Bruns, Mei-Mei Stark, Carl Steigerwald, Juan Jones, Doug Stark, Sue Edwards, Robert Zorovic, Dave Rostrator, Lorraine Kalich, Dave Wetmore, Russ Delonzor, Hugh Arvesen
- Power point presentation by Juan and Kevin.
- Introduced special guest Dave Wetmore, District 57 Administrator.
- Discussed last weekend tryouts. Consensus it ran smooth. We should use Bollinger School every year. We had both fields and use of part of the multipurpose room for sign-ups and spirit wear sales.
- Spirit wear sales $1,000 for the day.
- We will send thank you letters and flowers to all the school staff who helped us.
- Tryouts concerns Mei-Mei Stark had a handful of parents not sure about league age vs. actually age at signups. We will contact sportability to see if they can put league ages when registering.
- Letter of complaint was sent to Little League in Riverside. Following major points from letter:
Ø Pre selected Coach rule change for majors draft
Ø Majors Giants team with most returning players
Ø 2008 CCLL Board Membership Composition.
Ø Protest Committee Viability.
- Canyon Creek Little League Board of Directors rebuttal to the letter:
Ø Majors draft format was approved by District 57 Administrator
Ø Major Giants have 2 returning players
Ø 2008 CCLL Board Compostion 50% active coaches / managers
Ø Protest Committee consists of (none are mrgs. / coaches in CCLL)
Ken Williams---“Represents the Rules”
Mei-mei Stark—“Represents the Parents”
Mark Gonsalves-“Represents the Players”
SUBMITTED: Mark Gonsalves, Secretary