Canyon Creek Little League
Board Meeting Minutes August 15, 2011
Kelvin Friedel, Lorraine Kalich, John Morris, Michael Marver, Jeni Bernard, John Giffins, Diana Waterson, David Lawrence, Phil Tsang, Amy Steinmetz, Paul Leffel, Josh Nevarez, Scott Anderson, Scott Love, David Verespey
The meeting was called to order by Kelvin Friedel at 7:07 p.m.
1. Presidents Report
– Board positions for next year need to be decided. There is only one President’s meeting left for this season. The 50/70 program was a great success and the district plans on continuing the program for the upcoming year.
2. VP Update –
Volunteer refund issues are being resolved. New catchers gear needs to be purchased. The old gear will be donated to a charity. It was discussed in having warm-up days prior to tryouts.
3. Treasurer Report
– Ninety percent of volunteer payments have been made. Only five teams have not turned in their request for reimbursement. City bills have been paid for use of facilities.
4. Safety Review
– No safety items at this time.
5. General Discussion
a. General Meeting of Membership
– The General Meeting of Membership will be held on September 6, 2011 at Bollinger Canyon Elementary multipurpose room. It is required that twenty percent of the membership attends this meeting or proxy votes will need to be obtained. This meeting is mandatory for those who wish to manage or coach this upcoming season.
b. 2011/2012 Board Members
– Lorraine Kalich went over the open positions for the Executive Board. An email will go out asking for nominations. If there are no nominations the President can determine if those positions stay open.
– A new registrar needs to be assigned. Dates and fees for registration will be discussed at the September board meeting.
– Tryout dates need to be decided. The Board will need to select an individual who will head up and run the tryouts.
e. Batting Cages
- The batting cage committee will get in touch with the city and school district to see what steps need to be taken.
f. Golf Tournament
– The BJ Campbell Memorial Golf Tournament was held Monday, August 8. All proceeds will be going to CCLL. The amount at this time is unknown.
6. DanvilleParade- The Danville Fourth of July parade was a huge success and will be added to CCLL calendar of events.
7. Souvenir Programs
– The programs have been completed and will be mailed out to the membership.
Next Board Meeting
– September 12, 2011.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:53 p.m.
Jeni Bernard – CCLL Secretary 2010/2011.